Thursday, May 1, 2008

Eating My Cake and Enjoying It




Ok three major things have recently happened in my life:
1) My bitch of a boss finally got fired!!! This is a big deal because it has been miserable for everyone at the job. I've been there for almost 2 yrs and this is big. I actually feel happy to come to work
2) I almost there in soldifying my career goals...just a few more steps to finalize everything
3) I realized that I've really matured in regards to romantic relationships.
The last one isnt that major but a conversation with a friend over the weekend made me realize that I have snagged a good black man. He may not be all there finacially but when are we as black woman going to stop looking at the financial side of everything.You will get no one thinking like that. I can take care of myself so I get pissed when this friend asks if he's bought me anything then proceeded to tell me I will see that he is not marriage material once we move in together. Keep in mind that this friend has never been in a real relationship...one that is serious at that. I hate when people try to give advice and they know ish about what they're talking about. I know what his financial situation is and why it is that way. We both know what's up and we're both working towards our goals together. So I've decided not to engage this friend in anything regarding my relationship again bc chick clearly doesnt have a clue.

Sorry I had to vent that out

No comments: